GUNS OF EL CHUPACABRA
A ZEN FILM
One Space Sheriff
One Blood Thirty Monster
And One Million Bullets
Guns of El Chupacabra is the Epic Saga of how Jack B. Quick, Space Sheriff (Scott Shaw) battles his way across the galaxy to defeat the intergalactic beats, El Chupacabra.
Guns of El Chupacabra stars:
- International Action Star and Martial Arts Master SCOTT SHAW
- Penthouse Pet and B-Movie Queen, JULIE STRAIN
- Publisher/Editor of Heavy Metal Magazine and Co-Creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, KEVIN EASTMAN
- Indie Film Icons, JOE ESTEVEZ and CONRAD BROOKS
- and the Ultimate Hollywood Bad Guy, ROBERT Z'DAR
Guns of El Chupacabra is a Visually Stunning, Fast Paced, Non-Stop Action-Adventure, with more bullets flying than in a Hong Kong Action Film. The Hollywood Reporter says, "Guns of El Chupacabra takes the Hollywood Action-Adventure Cult Movie to the next level."
- CLICK HERE to view the trailer for Guns of El Chupacabra.
- CLICK HERE to hear the GREAT Theme Song for this film composed and performed by the Sin City Boys.
- There is also some great music in this film from Sun City Girls, Cowboy Buddha, and Raz.
There are three films that make up the Guns of El Chupacabra Trilogy. They are:
- Guns of El Chupacabra,
- Guns of El Chupacabra 2: The Unseen,
- and El Chupacabra: Las Entrevista Perdido: The Lost Interviews.
- All of the bullets fired during the creation of these films where actual live rounds.
- Due to the equipment rented for the editing of Guns of El Chupacabra, Scott Shaw had to edit each scene in reverse, from end to beginning.
- One of the filming locations for Guns of El Chupacabra was Bronson Cave. A great Hollywood landmark and shooting location that has been used in numerous films and television series including its use as, The Bat Cave, in the 1960s television series, Batman.
- Guns of El Chupacabra also used Vasquez Rocks as a filming backdrop. This location has been seen in numerous films from the 1920s forward, including Roller Blade Seven.
- Scenes for Guns of El Chupacabra were also filmed in Los Angeles Chinatown and at Olvera Street, one of the oldest established streets in Los Angeles.
- Another filming location for this movie was Union Station, Los Angeles. Finished in 1939, this railway hub is a spectacular location that has been used in numerous films, television shows, and commercials. It is known as, "The last great railway station."
- El Mirage Dry Lake was also used. This is a location where numerous films, commercials, and music videos have been shot; from the 1930s forward -- everything from films like, A Boy and His Dog, Roller Blade Seven, Max Hell Frog Warrior, to an early Spice Girls music video, and on and on.
- CLICK HERE to listen to Scott Shaw's speech given for the awards that Guns of El Chupacabra won at The Smithee Awards.
The Guns of El Chupacabra Trilogy:
Click on the posters or the titles to pick up your copy.
GUNS OF EL CHUPACABRA 2: THE UNSEEN is the second film in the GUNS OF EL CHUPACABRA Trilogy. It is the prequel/sequel to GUNS OF EL CHUPACABRA.
Guns of El Chupacabra 3.
This is the third film in the Guns of El Chupacabra Trilogy.
EL CHUPACABRA: LAS ENTREVISTAS PERDIDO: THE LOST INTERVIEWS
This film peers into the minds of those who have encountered the beast.
Guns of El Chupacabra Related Films:
EL CHUPACABRA is the Zen Speed Flick version of GUNS OF EL CHUPACABRA,
What is a Zen Speed Flick? A Zen Speed Flick is a feature length film cut down to its most essential elements, leaving only the most interesting and fast pasted moments.
CRIMES OF EL CHUPACABRA is the PG version of the Cult Film Classic, Guns of El Chupacabra.
This version was original released only to Asia.
Removed is the adult content that some may find offensive, replacing it is footage seen in no other version of the film.
Books on/or about Guns of El Chupacabra:
There is a Great Chapter in Scott Shaw's book, Zen Filmmaking that details the creation of this film. Click on the cover to pick up your copy and find out what really took place.
There is a great discourse on Guns of El Chupacabra and an interview with Scott Shaw on Zen Filmmaking in a book by Michael Adams, Showgirls, Teen Wolves, and Astro Zombies: A Film Critic's Year-Long Quest to Find the Worst Movie Ever Made.
Guns of El Chupacabra Publicity and Production Stills:
Donald G. Jackson and Scott Shaw on the Set.
Scott Shaw directing some action on Guns of El Chupacabra.
Preparing for a scene on Guns of El Chupacabra.
Filming on the Set of Guns of El Chupacabra.
Behind the Scenes on Guns of El Chupacabra.
Scott Shaw, Conrad Brooks, Donald G. Jackson on the set of Guns of El Chupacabra.
Scott Shaw and Donald G. Jackson at the 1998 American Film Market where Guns of El Chupacabra premiered under its original title, El Chupacabra.
Scott Shaw and Donald G. Jackson being interviewed for the television show, Strange Universe, on the set of Guns of El Chupacabra.